Ferring and Privacy
Your privacy is important. This information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements. This information may be updated from time to time.
Ferring’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
This policy relates to the personal information management practices of Ferring in Australia, including in relation to any product specific websites operated by Ferring.
Collecting your personal information
Ferring is a specialised biopharmaceutical company undertaking research and development to identify innovative products in the fields of reproductive medicine and woman's health, urology/oncology, gastroenterology, orthopaedics and endocrinology and manufacturing, marketing and selling its products.
We provide information to consumers about our medicines to help them use our products effectively, but this does not replace the advice from a healthcare professional. We also provide information about our products and related seminars or disease awareness programs to Australian healthcare professionals.
Depending on your involvement with Ferring, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as about your health and medical treatment. If you are a healthcare professional, we may also collect information such as your educational qualifications, area of specialty, reports of adverse events, involvement in clinical trials or participation in our seminars or conferences and details of amounts paid (or value of benefits received) for specific services you may provide to Ferring from time to time.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you, or others on your behalf authorised by you, provide it to us.
Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide assistance and undertake activities that we would otherwise provide or undertake.
Where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed.
When we use and disclose personal information, in addition to complying with privacy laws and requirements, we comply with applicable laws such as those regulating manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products.
We also collect information that may or may not include your personal information, through technology and tools that tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers. Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our activities and business and to assist patients who may be treated with our products by their doctor or other health care professional, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- providing information about our products, and about health circumstances and medical conditions where doctors and other healthcare professionals may prescribe and recommend them to assist patients;
- providing assistance in relation to your doctor’s or other healthcare professional’s treatment of you with our products;
- responding to inquiries about and dealing with possible problems relating to our products including communicating product safety information;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes;
- to promote and market directly to healthcare professionals materials on our products and related activities (including conferences, seminars, expert panels or other events organised by Ferring) that we consider may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to do so;
- to comply with transparency requirements to report amounts paid to healthcare professionals (such as fees paid or travel and accommodation provided for your participation in our seminars or conferences);
- to provide healthcare professionals with clinical samples of our products;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information; and
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
Storing and Disclosing your personal information
Personal information is retained during the time we need it for the identified purposes, to the extent necessary for purposes reasonably related to those identified purposes (for example, resolving disputes) or as required by law. In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on personal information to others including outside Australia:
- to others who are providing services to Ferring, including those assisting us with investigations and reporting about possible problems relating to our products and product safety;
- to other Ferring companies, including our research centres, in the Ferring global pharmaceutical group (which are listed at http://www.ferring.com);
- to regulatory agencies, and doctors and healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients including infertility specialists; and
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
Your personal information may be held and processed overseas by our related companies or our service providers. Ferring is headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland and has service providers in countries including Singapore. Our research centres are located in Denmark, USA, Israel, India, China and Scotland.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we take steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that we would treat it.
As we noted earlier, where reasonably possible, we seek to work with information and records from which personal information has been removed and this also applies to information and records that we store about the use of our products by patients and may use including for research and development purposes.
We do our best to keep records of personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes. We take steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
While we take steps to protect your personal information when you send it to us, you should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email), or if we provide information to you by these means, the privacy, security and integrity of any data transfer over the internet cannot be guaranteed. When you share information with us, it is at your own risk. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us immediately (see below).
Contact with Ferring about your personal information
You may wish to contact Ferring to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is email@example.com and further contact details for Ferring and privacy are set out below.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
Suite 2, Level 1, Building 1
Pymble Corporate Centre
20 Bridge Street
PYMBLE NSW 2073
Phone: +612 9497 2300 (Toll free :1800 33 77 46)
We will respond to your request for access to personal information we hold about you as soon as we reasonably can, including if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold the information). We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
Last updated: December 2018